Why why are we still building homes that cant stand up to floods and winds?

anyone who builds a square wooden house in a tornado area or coastal area is a fool in my opinion, whats so wrong with solid cement dome homes? they don't float away, they can withstand high winds, they don't get soggy, the roof doesn't blow off. they can be textured and painted in any color, you... show more anyone who builds a square wooden house in a tornado area or coastal area is a fool in my opinion, whats so wrong with solid cement dome homes? they don't float away, they can withstand high winds, they don't get soggy, the roof doesn't blow off. they can be textured and painted in any color, you can have as many windows as you want. and you cant tell me that in the long term its not cost effective. people need to rethink what they sink their money into, Id prefer it not be the sea... no one needs a home with 15 foot ceilings, and grandiose entryways, its a waste of resources. you want something that can last, and it isn't a wooden square house. have we learned nothing from the three little pigs?,lol