How much should I charge a friend for a website?

I'm a learning web developer (so I have no experience yet) and my friend wants a website. Honestly, I'd be willing to do it for free but he doesn't want to be cheap. He doesn't know any code or markup, so I'll be doing nearly everything. The site is pretty simple, but will use some backend that... show more I'm a learning web developer (so I have no experience yet) and my friend wants a website. Honestly, I'd be willing to do it for free but he doesn't want to be cheap.
He doesn't know any code or markup, so I'll be doing nearly everything. The site is pretty simple, but will use some backend that I will potentially be difficult.
I know that he's not rich, but he's willing to pay for services and respects the work of others.

Any range I should charge in?
Update: I do have some experience just with personal project, but no field experience with clients