What major in college do I take if I want to be an entrepreneur pitching new ideas and inventions to companies?

I want to work for a company as an aspiring entrepreneur pitching business presentations and new inventions for companies. What major in college do I take and what college is best to do this?

Favorite Answer

A lot of University have courses or programs for Entrepreneurship. You need a good mix of Business classes, Marketing, Leadership, Sales, etc. There was some upper level classes I took that were all about writing Business Plans, and analyzing business models. You definitely need those.

Also take some Business Consulting classes because they will allow you analyze a real business using a SWOT analysis.

• drip

My daughter minored in entrepreneurship at her university. Her university had a good program for the major

You don't. Being an entrepreneur is one thing you can do with no degree at all. The last thing you can learn at college is how to be a risk taker.

Watch the movie "The Founder" on Netflix or wherever you find it. and you will learn there the secret for success as an entrepreneur. It is the story of the guy who made McDonalds what it is today.