Environmental Engineering in army reserves?

Currently, I m studying to receive my masters in environmental engineering. I will receive my degree in May 2018. I have been considering joining the military to receive experience, and serve my country. From what I have been reading, there does not seem to be a place for me. I was hoping that I could get into the army corps of engineers but, I do not know how to do that. Any advice?

Best Answer

Lorenzo,

Many people get a 2nd lieutenant commission AFTER graduating college, but I hardly see the point in this. You've already done college. Why join the army? Many of those people did not prepare in college and took classes that are not marketable (e.g., social sciences). These people represent a glut of military officers that has lowered intelligence standards. From a study (see source in comments):

Officers are actually less educated today than officers of the past. For example, 41% of new Marine officers in 2014 would not have met the intelligence standards demanded of officers in World War II.

"In this paper, we show that the quality of officers in the Marines, as measured by scores on the General Classification Test (GCT), a test that all officers take, has steadily and significantly declined since 1980.[6]"

I suggest people map out their education. GET A MARKETABLE SKILL. Don't waste your time with silly "discipline training" and the many military hazards.

The big X factor is the risk of the military. You might deploy. You might be in combat. There are also those other things I mentioned that are higher for vets than civilians: PTSD, LEGAL drug use, smoking, domestic abuse, divorce, suicide, compulsive sexual disorder, etc. If you'd like more information on this aspect, then please check the comments for my expanded answer. It's a Yahoo*Best*Answer.

See my Yahoo Best Answer at the link. The question is from a girl, but my generic answer applies to both sexes.

Michael .

Environmental Engineering in army reserves? America will be last country to switch to Euro (antichrist's world currency). Contraceptives = abortion; using contraceptives for 1 year = 5 aborted kids. Unbaptized aborted/miscarried/unborn babies burn in hell for 33 and a half years; if pregnant, keep the kid and deliver at home because kids are chipped using ivs and vaccines in hospitals. Dentists and doctors chip patients secretly. Ultrasound leads to mark of the beast; don't do ultrasound, please. Abortion leads to breast cancer; a demon is released from hell for each aborted kid. Dogs can become possessed; don't keep dogs inside you home [Pelageya of Ryazan]. Walmart has technology to administer mark of the beast to those who have cat bacteria in their stomachs; stay away from cats [Afanasiy Sidyachiy]. Next false flag is the Statue of Liberty. Earth is flat; stands on 3 pillars (the Most Holy Trinity); pillars stand on water at zero Kelvin. Zodiac is planetary prison of demons; don't believe in horoscopes or you'll exhibit the traits of the trapped demons. Most thoughts and dreams are from demons; demons never do good. Sleep fully clothed; pray the Jesus prayer. Pray to your guardian angel to have normal sleep. Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov was the last prophet before Enoch and Elijah return to preach against the antichrist. Humans were created about 7525 years ago.

Birds participate in time creation. It's a sin to kill birds. Dinosaurs live under our level; they will get out through sinkholes and lakes; to kill them, go for their nerves. Save the birds; but kill the dinosaurs. First dinosaur will come out of Volga River in Russia. Demons grow human skin (from a sample taken during abduction) and put it on so as to look like us. Demons will invite people to be healed inside their UFOs; those who go will be like zombies after. Gov't provides demons with diamonds and allows demons to abduct people. If you're being abducted, slowly pray the Jesus prayer.

Don't panic. Demons use diamonds and souls to power their UFO craft. The bigger the diamond, the more it lasts. Demons have 4 UFO bases: 1)moon 2)inside fake mountain Kailash in Tibet 3)in lake Baikal in Russia 4)in Atlantis which is underneath the Mariana Trench in Pacific Ocean. There are no aliens. Nobody lives on other planets. Airplanes that go down are hit by demons because they need the airspace to fight Jesus. Antichrist is pale with red eyes. He's possessed by Satan since he's 12 years old. He flies. He wears gloves to hide long nails. He's surrounded by demons who appear as angels of light.

Don't go into a UFO to be healed by demons. Green 666 is given by isotope rays on wrist or forehead when people stretch hands to receive small plastic grey card with no name on it (World Passport). Police will microchip and isotope ray people on highways. Chipped people will be influenced by computers to take grey plastic card; but when they do, green mark by isotope rays is given on forehead/wrist. Food stores will isotope ray people too. Antichrist will also release prisoners to mark people. Reject 666 at all cost because it leads to permanent hell. If you're about to be marked, pray the Jesus prayer. Hide with Orthodox Christians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can't track you; burn documents because they're from Satan. Give to charity in the name of Archangel Michael; he rescues people from temporary hell twice a year (or brings them up a level, that is, to a level with less punishment; eventually, people are freed). Feed the pigeons; when pigeons bow down, people are saved from temporary hell. Forgive me.

• With an engineering degree you have potential for Officer Candidate's School in really any branch, if you qualify and get accepted. To be an officer in the Army Corps of Engineers you commission into the Army and hope to get branched to Engineering, not guaranteed.

Or you could just enlist but that would be REALLY far from any engineering job (enlisted jobs with "engineer" in the name means construction worker)

• Mrsjvb

Unless you are Dircomming into doctor, ruse, lawyer or clergy, your civilian education and experience means nothing to the military. You would only be offered a Japanese b that they had need of you in, that you qualified for based on the ASVAB

Can I just say how proud I am of you?

• lorenzo2 years agoReport

I have not decided just yet to join. I'm still weighing the option. Thank you though.