Praying Mantis:?

Does anyone know a way to keep a European Mantis from flying without hurting it? I have had problems when i am feeding my male, he will fly out of the cage with no hesitation. He is already badly hurt.... as he was probably cannibalized by a previous mate in the wild and his pincers are missing. I want to help him... show more Does anyone know a way to keep a European Mantis from flying without hurting it? I have had problems when i am feeding my male, he will fly out of the cage with no hesitation. He is already badly hurt.... as he was probably cannibalized by a previous mate in the wild and his pincers are missing. I want to help him and i have to hand feed him.... but he keeps flying out of the cage and hurting himself more on the furniture. Any ideas?
Update: I suppose clipping his wings is an option, but i'm afraid he won't survive long without them, and i cannot stand to make a bad difference on an animal who was taken out of the wild.
1 answer 1