Transformers (electricity)?

Hi. I understand how a basic transformer works : current flow trough a primary coil with N1 turnings, and since it s AC current, the coil wants to keep the magnetic flux constant, so it builds up a changing magnetic field to avoid changings of current. For the same reason, when current stops to flow it destroys its... show more Hi. I understand how a basic transformer works : current flow trough a primary coil with N1 turnings, and since it s AC current, the coil wants to keep the magnetic flux constant, so it builds up a changing magnetic field to avoid changings of current. For the same reason, when current stops to flow it destroys its magnetic field inducing a voltage in the second coil, wich has N2 turnings. Their placed togheter under an iron core and if N1 < N2 primary coil will induce a higher voltage on secondary coil (and vice versa). Is all I said alright ? Now there s a thing I don t understand. The output current is not always the same considering transformers with the same output voltage. I see 5V 1A, 5V 500mA, 5V 100mA. What does the output current depend on ??? Has this to do with wire diameter ?
6 answers 6