Why did my mother say this?

I told her I read the Bible and still don't believe in god and the Bible is a part of that reason. She says, in a condescending tone, "you read through it. You didn't read read it." How is she going to tell me if I actually read it and comprehended it? I read that thing. She talks down to me like... show more I told her I read the Bible and still don't believe in god and the Bible is a part of that reason. She says, in a condescending tone, "you read through it. You didn't read read it." How is she going to tell me if I actually read it and comprehended it? I read that thing. She talks down to me like she's better than me and I'm just a lost fool.

It's really angering. I don't live with her. I'm grown. She even gets mad when I say humans are animals. She'll say, "no, no. Now, that I can't agree with."