Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 years ago

My sister is going to die..?

..

Okay, so my sister is 20. I'm 16, btw. She has cancer, and.. well.. let me get to the details, first.

She's been through chemotherapy and everything. She was diagnosed with it on Christmas Eve 2012. She fainted and we all were shocked. We rushed her to the hospital, and she remained in a coma for a week. She was diagnosed with "adult acute myeloid leukemia". It's supposedly the worst type of cancer out there, which is really sad. She's the best sister a brother can ask for. She's so nice and sweet, I don't want to lose her.

Her cancer got worse slowly, overtime. We thought she'll get better with chemotherapy and everything. But those didn't help. We just prayed she'll get cured one day and get better. But, she got worse. It got to the point where the doctors needed her in the hospital most of the time.

But last night, the doctors called us. The doctors wanted us to get to the hospital ASAP. We rushed there, and I think we even passed a red light. We met the doctors, and the doctors simply said "She was going to die.".

I cried. We were all devastated. Why did God choose her? She's just an innocent woman. The doctors said she'll pass in less than 6 months, and it was just- oh my god.. We didn't have the chance to say hi to her, though, because she was "having a type of therapy.".

I don't know what to do now. I'm just in tears right now, guys. I don't want my sister to die. I need advice.. Please.. I'm not even going to try anymore.. everything's done..

Favorite Answer

If you're religious, read this part :)

God may have not "chosen" her to get sick, but He knows she is strong. There is a quote that says "God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers." There is also a Bible quote that says "You don't know what I'm doing now but someday you will" (John 13:7)

There is nothing you can do but pray and be by her side. She still has the chance to get better. Everyday is a day you're lucky to have, so make everyday the best regardless. I am truly sorry your sister is sick. I truly wish she gets better. Stay strong

• LAN

I really wish you children would stop posting your obvious fiction here over and over. You aren't intelligent to post anything that isn't transparently a lie.

Quit trying to invent dramatic nonsense to post about.

If you didn't post anonymously how many other "pity me" posts would we see in your history?

Why was it called "adult" AML when she was diagnosed at age 15? AML is not usually classified as "adult" or "childhood."

I'm baffled as to how she has been sick with AML for five years straight. Has she been receiving chemotherapy for five years now? This is extremely unusual.

Sounds like a very bizarre case.

If she was 15 when diagnosed, it would be classed as a xhildhood cancer.

Even at 20 it would be classed as a childhood cancer.

If it were the acute form it would not have slowly worsened. Thatv8s the chronic form.

Why would the doctors have told you to rush to the hospital then tell you she had approx 6 months to live?

This sounds far b more like a piece

of creative writing than an actual case.

Your only question seems to be "why did God choose her?"

If you believe in God then you would know the commom explanation of "God moves in mysterious ways." Surely you don't expect us to guess.

• april

Hmmm that doesn't sound right...