C++ const usage?

I am reading "C++ for Dummies" and to me it seems that either I really don t understand how to use the keyword const or the author doesn't. Lots of weird usages are scatted throughout the book, for example on page 138 he writes "The type of charArray is actually char const*; that is, constant... show more I am reading "C++ for Dummies" and to me it seems that either I really don t understand how to use the keyword const or the author doesn't. Lots of weird usages are scatted throughout the book, for example on page 138 he writes "The type of charArray is actually char const*; that is, constant pointer to a character." What he is describing seems to me to be char * const. Furthermore, the variable type given in the attached photo don t even make sense to me. I guess I would have to interpret it as a pointer to a super constant char.

Am I misinterpreting this or is the author wrong? And if he is, should I trust this book in other regards? Thanks.