Do you think I have colon cancer?

Im a 23 year old male. 2-3 months ago i noticed blood in my stool. It wasn't dark, but it wasn't bright. Im not sure how often this accured as I didn't think much of it. I just assumed it was anal fissures. I think it came and went every few days. Fast forward to a week and a half ago. I was at work... show more Im a 23 year old male. 2-3 months ago i noticed blood in my stool. It wasn't dark, but it wasn't bright. Im not sure how often this accured as I didn't think much of it. I just assumed it was anal fissures. I think it came and went every few days. Fast forward to a week and a half ago. I was at work when suddenly came down with terrible diarrhea. I had to what seemed every hour or so. After doing my bussinus, there was a pretty large amount of blood. I stood up before whipping to look in the toilet, and while I was washing my hands i noticed two small drops of blood on the ground. That's when I decided to go to the doctor. He than took out the tube type thing. (Don't know what it was called) and took a look up my rectum. He said it looked very inflamed and bloody. He prescribed me with these steroid capsules to shove up my rectum twice a day for 15 days. I went to the farmacy to pick it and was told they would cost me $400. There's no way I'm paying for those. My doctor was leaving for vacation the day of my appointment so I contacted his full in asking if there is an alternative. So Im currently using cortisone twice a day. The blood seems be subsiding a little, and no more diarriah. I've had pretty excessive gas for a weak. Very, very minor stomach pain. I don't feel any fatigue really. What do you think? My dr doesn't seem to be real worried, but I am. I think I'll have a colonoscopy wether it gets better or not just to be safe. What do you think? Should I be worried?
4 answers 4