Windows 10 Update kinda broke my computer?

So i got a update thing for my windows 10 computer, obviously i restarted it and now nothing is working properly.

It says i m not connected to internet, my sound is off, and my desktop background changed to some black thing with words "Safe Mode" in the corners.

Should I restart again? Shut down for a few minutes and turn back on? Please help asap.

a

Edit 1: Shut it down for a few minutes, now i'm turning it back on

Edit 2: I realized it wasn't the update, but since my cortana wasn't working, I think i pressed boot up on safe mode. I have it fixed now, so thanks for everyone that helped !

• Here's how to reset your PC in Windows 10.

Navigate to Settings. ...

Select "Update & security"

Click Recovery in the left pane. ...

Click Get started under Reset this PC.

Click either "Keep my files" or "Remove everything," depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact.

• John

It's not the software, it's the operator, back up and try again.

guyz you also can activate your windows 1 without key just search it on youtube

• Rayal

Win 10 update from a win 10 installation or other version of Windows?

The win 10 update may have broken your drivers. See your computer manufacture or motherboard manufacturer for updated drivers for your sound and wifi that is compatable with win 10

Yes! you can restart the computer. Sometimes windows shows the option to open the computer in safe mode whenever your pc shuts down because of a crash or gets restarted all of a sudden and that happens because if there is any issue with your driver you could fix it without it being used. Safe mode also has option with networking that means your internet connection will be working.

Restart again. Somehow you started in Safe mode.

Push and hold down the shift button while you restart from the menu this will take you to the automatic recovery console from their find system restore and go back to a time before the update broke your computer and turn off the updates in control panel or it will happen again

Sounds like you got the update from a bad source. You should ALWAYS check the source before downloading anything. Sorry, I can't help you, other than to tell you that if you cannot get it going, you will probably have to take it in for a professional anti-virus run. I recommend The Microsoft Store.

• Brody2 years agoReport

You do realize these updates officially come from Microsoft? You can't "download a PC update"

You might need to run a repair, and start the computer where it was before the corrupted update threw it off.

The first thing you need to do is to sit back, relax, and think......

Think like this..... "do I really need windows? Is there something out there that would be better for me?"

No joke.... do you need windows. If the answer is yes- then obviously you need to learn how do deal with it.

But if you don't need it....why not give Ubuntu Linux or Linux Mint a try. I tried it 9 years ago....still using it, and no issues yet! None, nada, zip...... and its very easy to use. No special training needed at all. If you can run any windows at all...you can run Linux.