Please I just need advice or something?

I have had these weird bumps on only the back of both arms maybe since I hit puberty and I can't get rid of them, I recently fingered out that it's a skin condition and there is no cure for it. They look and feel gross and I'm extremely insecure about them and because of that I always wear long sleeves and avoid contact with people because I'm scared they will touch it and be grossed out. I have a long distance boyfriend who I plan on meeting soonish and I don't want him to be grossed out either please just give me some advice i don't want to live like this.

Favorite Answer

KERATOSIS PILARIS; aka ‘Chicken Skin’.

Keratosis Pilaris is usually a minor deficiency of vitamin A.

Take 5,000 iu of vitamin A (pre-formed Retinol) or a tablespoon

of cod liver oil every day for 90 days.

This is common knowledge and the usual treatment in Europe.

If you are dark skinned, the cod liver oil is better as it contains vitamin D as well as A.

Most dark skinned people in the Northern latitudes are marginally vitamin D deficient,

and D and A are in sync. No improvement will be observed in less than 28 days

as this is time it takes for basal cells to reach the epidermis, the top layer of the skin.

And this needs to occur 3 times for softer skin.

SOURCES: Merck Manual (17th ed.)page 34,' Follicular Hyperkeratosis’:

Upjohn’s vitamin book.

Earl Mindell’ Vitamin Bible 97th ed) page 32-33 is good for those

without a scientific background.

POCKET ATLAS OF DERMATOLOGY BY STEIGLEDER AND MAIBACH PAGE 45.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.

• nicole3 years agoReport

Yeah I knew the name of it but thanks ig

KP? I have it too and mine has gotten worse in the last few months. I found that using a heavier, oily moisturizer and exfoliating regularly helps. Just doing something about it will make you feel better. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

• nicole3 years agoReport

Thanks I'm going to see if I can get to a dermatologist anyways.