Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 years ago

How come black Americans think that Hannibal Barca was black? Don't they know that the Phoenicians came from Lebanon?

He was Caucasian and his Phoenician ancestors came from Lebanon. He probably looked no different from the Modern-day Lebanese. I'm Lebanese American and tired of black Americans trying to re-write my people's history.

Side note - You should also know that Caucasians are Indigenous to North Africa. They are known as Berbers.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They have nothing beyond a Stone Age culture on their own, and they are all too conscious of it, so they try to steal from other cultures, e.g. saying Hannibal, Jesus, Egyptians, Italians, etc. were black. That is so ludicrous that they just make fools of themselves and show they are pathetic.

• 2 years ago

Don't know

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Don't worry brother. Trust in Jesus.

• Jeremy
    Lv 5
    2 years ago

Your 'side note' is wrong. But yes, due to the fact that sub-Saharan Africa has contributed nothing to humanity has led crazy blacks to try to appropriate North African history as their own. What I find funniest is their belief that Cleopatra was black. She was a Ptolemy. Which meant she was from northern Greece (Macedon) and possibly blonde!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

To some Americans everybody is "black" who is even a teensy-weensy bit darker than your average northern European type of "white" person.

Let us hope that such people never speculate on the idea of Jesus being a "swarthy olive-skinned Middle Eastern Jew".

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

No one knows if he was black or white. What does it matter?

see

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Hannibals-ethnici...

• Hiroshi
      Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

There is no valid reason to think he was black.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Side note – Lebanese Americans trying to claim Hannibal as one of their own is equally spurious.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.