Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Visa gift card question!?

I recently got a Visa gift card for my birthday. Its like 12 am and I wanna buy some stuff because why tf not. Gotta use it for something. BUT will my purchases notify the person that payed for and gave me the gift card? Like say I buy a shirt right now. Would they get a text/email saying "This person just purchased something!".

I honestly want to avoid waking my grandma up at 12 am because I impulse bought something at 12 am, and shes getting a text because of it :P

EDIT: I also want to make sure she wont see that im not using the money to help me excel in art, but really just using it for **** games on steam

Favorite Answer

If you're thinking of making a purchase online, think again. Most websites do not accept Visa gift cards as a form of payment. You'll have to make your purchases at a brick-and-mortar store. Your grandma will not be able to see what you've bought, no matter where you buy it.

• Judy

no she will not be notified, not at midnight, not any other time

No. It's no different than cash from that standpoint.