Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 years ago

Does anyone here have the USAA Membership?

I don t know if I can sign up for that, my dad was in the army decades ago but he is dead now.

Does that allow me to sign up? I saw something that said that he would have to have been a member but I don t think he was.

I have his army discharge paper.

5 Answers

  • 2 years ago
    Best Answer

    USAA Eligibility:

    Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military.

    Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).

    Adult children of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.

    Widows and widowers of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.

    GB - USAA member for over 50 years

  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    Only if he was a USAA member. Up until about 20 years ago, only currently serving and retired officers were eligible, then they added enlisted, and then finally veterans. Being the child of a veteran isn't enough, you have to be the child of a member.

  • 2 years ago

    I am a USAA Member.

    Call 1-800-365-USAA (8722) to find out your eligibility.

  • 2 years ago

    I don't think you are eligible since you father is deceased, but I have attached the link that allows you to ask them directly.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

    My mother always claimed that we were eligible for membership because of my father's service. Call them and find out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.