Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 2 years ago

Does anyone here have the USAA Membership?

I don t know if I can sign up for that, my dad was in the army decades ago but he is dead now.

Does that allow me to sign up? I saw something that said that he would have to have been a member but I don t think he was.

I have his army discharge paper.

Best Answer

USAA Eligibility:

Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military.

Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).

Adult children of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.

Widows and widowers of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.

GB - USAA member for over 50 years

• Daniel

Only if he was a USAA member. Up until about 20 years ago, only currently serving and retired officers were eligible, then they added enlisted, and then finally veterans. Being the child of a veteran isn't enough, you have to be the child of a member.

I am a USAA Member.

Call 1-800-365-USAA (8722) to find out your eligibility.

I don't think you are eligible since you father is deceased, but I have attached the link that allows you to ask them directly.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/ContactUsMain

My mother always claimed that we were eligible for membership because of my father's service. Call them and find out.