They really can't do anything to Bruce Sawhill for what he did to Katie can they?

I was just watching a rerun of John Walsh's new show about this case. Bruce is a pedophile who molested a girl named Katie. They are after him. BUT she has now passed from a huffing incident. Now that there is no longer an accuser and there was not trial because him and his wife disappeared before the trial there's really nothing they can do, right? I'm thinking about that law where if they can't face their accuser? DON'T GET ME WRONG I don't think he should get away with it. I was just wondering what the law is about this.

The accuser is the federal government and the state of Missouri. He will be allowed to face the official representatives of the government, namely the prosecutors. Katie was the victim, not the accuser.

By the logic in your question, somebody who murders an orphan would not have an accuser, because the "accuser" is dead and has no family. It doesn't work that way.

• justa

I that were true, then no one could be arrested for murder because their accuser wouldn't be there.

There is other evidence of a crime besides the victims statement. And if she at any point gave a statement that's still admissible. They'll find him, and then he'll have his trial. They don't give up when there is a pedophile involved.