Help! What is going on with my skin?

I'm a 21 year old female who has had eczema on my hands since I was 14. I had never had trouble with spots until now.

My skin became seriously dry and itchy over winter, so much so that I had to use a really thick/oily moisturiser to keep it looking and feeling normal. Recently, I started getting spots on my forehead so used a slightly less oily moisturiser. This didn't make much difference, and I actually started to develop more spots on my chin/mouth, and a couple on my cheeks. So now I'm using quite a light one and the spots and oiliness have gone down slightly (it's been almost a month) but despite my face still looking on the oily/spotty side, it now feels dry and itchy again. I know that feeling would go away if I used a heavier moisturiser, but then I know the spots would get worse again. I'm very confused. What should I do?!

Favorite Answer

www.dyshidrois.co.uk for hand eczema, which is not eczema. I am doing a study on this. Go to the site. All advice is free.

NATURAL ACNE PROTOCOL

1/ Never, ever touch your face.

2/ Use 3 facecloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice cold water, in that order, once a day.

3/ If you are under 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A once a day with a full meal

4/ If you are over 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.

Do not get pregnant while taking vitamin A. Do not take any more, like Accutane, it will stop you growing.

5/ Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

6/ Do this for 90 days.

7/ Invest in a brand new pillow and 2 new or more pillow cases to ‘double bag’ your pillow. HOT wash every couple of days.

Source:

A bit of advice given to me as a teenager, a bit of science as I am studying allergic reactions and vitamin A is a part of that. A bit of research: I sat in a lecture at the back and watched the acne prone pick at their faces, those with the worse acne touched their faces 32 times in an hour, the clearest complexions didn't touch their faces even once. I have circumstantial evidence that acne is the result of dermatophyte transfer from hands to face...where it does not get washed off and is well fed by hormones, sweat a

nd oil...just a hypothesis... But it would explain why vitamin A is so effective as vitamin causes skin to remove dermatophytes.

I never have had acne, a few pimples on my left chin where I am most likely to rest my hand.

The secret is never to touch the spots

The People’s Pharmacy reports that Milk of Magnesia applied topically, at night is useful. This is 10% Magnesium Hydroxide in water. Epsom salts, which are Magnesium sulphate added to a hot bath are also reported to clear up back acne.

The very latest treatment is super gross, but works: August 2014, T. Borody: Faecal transfer from someone with perfect skin (and I’d guess, same gender.) These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.

See a Doctor.

• NO!

What's going on with your skin?

It could be anything really. So let' have a ready of what you said.

Eczema on hands since 14. I assume you mean on the back of the hands? Not the palm right?

So now spots are coming up. Okay. Spots can come up with chronic (or long-time) eczema if it is left untreated. It' a skin reaction. I think what you have are angiomas. Check it on google and tell me if i am correct.

Dry and itchy over winter? Common eczema problem. But why would that be? Hmm.. winter less blood flow to the skin. Less blood flow, then less moisture to skin and hence dryness. To solve this issue you could use the thick/oily moisture or you could just put on more clothes to cover the skin.

So spots on forehead. That' not a common eczema site. You don't usually have eczema there do you?

Yes, the oily moisture could possibly clog the pores of the skin and cause those red spots (i assume they are red). and now that i read more of wat u stated it doesn't sound like angioma. Just sounds like irritation/blockage of pores.

Oh okay. Well i see what is going on.

To solve this issue, you need to clean your face everyday. You need to allow your face the opportunity to get rid of it's toxins via 'sweat'. The constant oil seems to be blocking the pores, and thus causing this reaction. What I suggest is you give a period of time that ur skin gets a break from the oil (meaning wash your face with soap to get rid of oil). This can be done just before u go to sleep. Then put the oil on again when you wake up. That's my suggestion. Take it or leave it

• NO!
      3 years agoReport

hmm i guess it would be on the exposed parts of ur body. The clothes u wear must be blocking other parts of the skin from damage.

Try seeing a dermatologist