promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I was told not to update nVidia, even though windows show it s an important update. What would be the reason I was told not to? dell xps1a24?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Nivida causes errors in Windows 10 avoid Windows 10 if your using Windows 8.1 i recommend you stay with the version your using

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

If you update it in windows 8 or 10 to their driver you may loose the graphics accelerator software and seriously harm the speed and rating of your computer.

I just worked with a dell m4500 with that exact issue! The update left windows rating only a 1!

Upon downloading the original driver the system returned to a 5.9! So be darn careful

• 3 years ago

We can't possibly know why someone told you to not update it unless we know the "who" and under what circumstances they told you.

But generally speaking, it is best to install all driver updates for devices directly from the manufacturer's website and not via windows updates.

Specifically speaking, you don't need to install any driver updates unless you are experiencing specific problems with your device. So unless your graphics card is not functioning properly, you don't need to worry about driver updates....in other words "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

• Me2
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

As far as I know, Dell does not make an "XPS 1a24" model.  Do you mean an "XPS One 24"?  Please update your question with the complete and exact model number.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

If it is not broken.... do not try to fix it because you might break it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.