promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do pediatricians work on the weekends?

I'm really considering to be a pediatrician when I grow older. Will there be holidays/weekends off? Will I have a lot of time to spend with my family?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not while in school, other than national holidays.

When you go into practice, it depends on WHERE you practice OR if you start your own. If you're good enough, you can set your own hours....if you work elsewhere, there are always going to be certain restrictions, but that depends on where you practice at...some have a rotating schedule (one or two peds will work "this" weekend, another 1 or 2 will work "next" weekend, etc.)...some demand weekends (though much shortened hours)...some always have weekends off.

When you get to that stage in your career, look for a practice that has more flexible hours. You'll most likely HAVE to work in a large practice before establishing your own.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Fu CK YOU!!!!!!!!!

• 3 years ago

Depends on the Doctor

• Kate
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Those that are truly dedicated to any profession will work whenever needed without entering a profession already thinking about time off.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

im spider man

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

k

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

You should post this question on Yahoo answers and see!

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

You will work regular hours, but will be "on call" weekends. No, there will not be a lot of time for your family. Either accept that, or choose a different career.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Most doctors don't work on weekends unless they work in an E.R. or they are on call. A few are considerate enough to offer weekend hours but not many.

• 3 years ago

yes to get more cash

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.