Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 years ago

How to cope with anxiety without medicine?

I've always had some anxiety. I have essential tremors and that gets pretty bad at times which in turn makes my anxiety worse. When I hit my twenties the tremors started getting really bad. So I went to the doctor and got it diagnosed and put on meds. The med was propranolol and it ruined my life. It took six months to get off of it because my doctor refused to let me off so I had to ween myself off on my own. Then my anxiety got worse. I started having panic attacks. My normal panic attack consists of being extremely frightened, heart pounding fast and hard, looking around the room like I need to escape, uneven breathing, and sometimes crying. I've been off the medicine for seven months now and the anxiety seems to only be getting worse. I wake myself up out of sleep at night I sit up in bed, heart pounding and grab at my chest thinking I'm dying. I have no idea why. It takes a few minutes to focus on my surroundings and telling myself repeatedly that I am okay. Sometimes I have to turn on the lights. Most nights actually. And every day I come up with two new diseases to diagnose myself with. Usually by the end of the day or sometimes days later I realize that wouldn't be possible. But every day I believe I am going to die. I feel trapped trying to cope with my anxiety. I'm too afraid to be put back on medicine because of last time. What can I do. How do I stop this fear and how can I sleep better at night. How can I get my life back.

Favorite Answer

DO WHAT EVER YOU NEED TO DO TO GET RID OF THAT MONSTER IN YOUR HEAD. Find a new doctor I called the one that didn't know what he was doing a **** and, still went to him until I found another one. Everybody's body is different so fiYou are a strong person anyone who goes through it is a strong person. Find a therapist you can click with not one to just find that's extremely important and helped me tremendously. Pick up a hobby (I did Guitar). Again find one you are passionate about not to just pick one up or else it'll get you no where. Even if this hobby can distract you for just a little while it will still distract you. Life is important don't let this control you. Also don't self diagnose it's ok to think and ask a GOOD doctor if you can be tested self diagnosing will do more damage to your thoughts. Also ask about sleep meds to a doctor. Again your strong you put up with this crap every day. This isn't supposed to be cheesy but, try to show you aren't scared. I hope you get better

Source(s): Someone still going through this a little and was in the same place.
  • Tavy

Take up running. Go jogging at least 3 times a day at a steady pace.

Exercise is very good for anxiety. Go for long walks.

Also you can take ashwagandha for anxiety. It is a natural remedy available from vitamin stores. You can look it up online.

Buy a fidget spinner

• Mercy

With all mental health issues , it takes many tries with meds to get the right one.

See the psychiatrist and keep working at it.

There is no way to adjust brain chemicals without meds.