Is my computer not capable of running windows 10 64 bit?

My specs are as follows

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

RAM 4.0 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 15063), 32-bit

i had recently gone from windows 7 64 bit to windows 10 32 bit but i had tried and failed to to install windows 10 64 after it told me it wasn't going to work.

Is it possible to install windows 10 64 bit on this computer? If it is perhaps you might have an idea of where i went wrong?

If not what do i need to get to make it possible?

I had purchased windows 10 home full version from best buy because i didn't have the original windows 7 installation material to install it on to a new ssd i had purchased and planned to place the os on it.I had attempted to do a clean install and it simply wouldn't let me install the 64 bit version. due to unknown reasons.

Favorite Answer

You can not upgrade to 64 bit however you can down grade grab any files you want saved on a usb. Now get a 8 gig usb download windows 10 media creator create an installer 64 bit . Before you boot to it f12 menu.

Verify that your machine is 64 bit.

Now boot to the usb load the installer do not choose upgrade!!! Choose custom install.

Delete all partitions! Create new and click install. When its all done windows 10 will activate automatically while your on the internet.

If you want to save lots of time use iobits driver booster. But uninstall it when done its adware!

• Anthony3 years agoReport

Thanks for all your help so far. I have a usb i purchased from the store that contained the windows 10 upgrade do you know if that will suffice in place of doing the windows 10 media creation part?I also have a disc with windows 10 on it, would either of those suffice?

Yes your PC can run Windows 10, even some 10 year old PC can do it. Dont upgrade do a clean install Wiping your HDD, end of the story.

• Anthony3 years agoReport

yes but what went wrong to where i couldn't install the 64 bit version?, Currently the 32 bit version is installed.