What happens if I leave a trucking company before my contract expires?

Hypothetical question: If a company sends me to school for my CDL, I pass, and am under contract (such as 1 year, 2 year, 3 year etc), what will happen if someone would leave before their contract expires? I ve heard the rules have changed, and companies like C.R England claim they can hold your school certificate, AND put a lock on your license so you can t drive. Please do not answer this unless you know for sure. Also, IF I pay up the amount owed for my school tuition, can they do anything then? Please advise. Thank you.

• ?

What does your contract say?

• Maxi

Your contract will tell you and yes you and your qualifications belong to them for the 1 yr, so if you leave then as a starting point you need to find out directly what options you have/they give you

You need to read the contract *before* you sign it. There is a good bet they will want you to pay them back for the cost of the course.

Also, you can bet you will not fnd work after burning a big company like that.