my computer came with 4GB. I found out someone stool 2 GB. I have windows 7 , how and what do I ask for when purchase the other 2 GB?

Favorite Answer

I would replace it with as much RAM that your motherboard will accept. If you purchased your computer pre-built such as those from Dell or HP, there's going to be a service sticker on it. Go to the manufacture's website and find out what is the maximum memory that your motherboard will accept. At just around $35-$40 for a 4GB stick of RAM, it's super cheap to get the most RAM that your Motherboard can accept.

I would not buy super-fast memory either. Tests show that unless you're doing a lot of video editing with huge files, you get little (<2%) to no performance increase with faster RAM.

Manufacturers of good RAM such as Crucial have websites that will allow you to enter your model number and get a list of RAM that are compatible with your computer's motherboard.

• Adrian

Check if you have 4GB but are using some ram for integrated video... Check in the BIOS how much ram you have physically installed. Then, check if you have 32 bit Windows. If so, then you will only have 3.25GB usable ram out of the 4GB. Then, if your video system uses about 1GB for video ram, you will be left with 2.25GB ram for Windows.

Now, if you actually had 4GB and someone removed a 2GB stick, take the remaining ram stick and go to a computer shop to find an identical module (electrically identical), and put both back into your system after.

First, how do you "stool" something - ANY thing? What are you actually asking?

Use a program like Ramon or CPUz, it will give you the info you need.

Of course yo ucan always look at the sticker on your existing ram module and get one with the same specs.

Windows xp