Does samsung warranty cover screen cracks in not at fault car accidents?

Last night i was involved in a rollover car crash which wasn't my fault. Anyways, the phone screen cracked in the crash and i'm wondering if anyone with knowledge in this can give me info? The phone is a samsung galaxy s8 purchased this april. I didn't buy the insurance.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, warranties only cover manufacturing defects they are not insurance. You can claim for the damage to the phone from whoever you claim the fault of the accident to be!

*Would you expect the car manufacturer to pay for tha damage to your car in these circumstances? No! The same goes for your phone!

• Login to reply the answers
  • g
    Lv 5
    3 years ago

Product warranties only cover defects and faults due to the design or reliability that may occur during a specified time, usually one year.

Accidents caused by the owner/user, his friends or third parties will not be covered by the phones warranty. You may have other extra coverage from your service provider or insurance company for accidents but the standard warranty that comes with the phone does not cover it.

• Who
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

sue the person who WAS at fault

• 3 years ago

Check in the nearest Samsung store and they will tell you. Don`t expect a lot, though. probably you should fix it by yourself

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Hi so your going to have to pay to get it fixed.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

simple answer - look at the warranty

• 3 years ago

Did Samsung say the screen was unbreakable. If it did then they should give you a replacement. If it didn't then the insurance is responsible.

• 3 years ago

no

• Michael3 years agoReport

Quick answer, if true thanks lol.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.