what is wrong with my kitchen faucet?

I have a kohler single control kitchen faucet. The cold water leaks from under the sink. The hot water does not. It does not leak around the faucet. It drips even if the cold water is turned off. I now have shut the supply off to the cold water and I am just using the hot water side. Any suggestions? Can this be fixed?

Favorite Answer

Call Kohler at their 800 customer service number. All Kohler faucets are guaranteed for life. You'll need to know the model # of your faucet. If not, you can email a pic of your faucet to them.

Check the supply under the sink. Feel for water at the supply nut where it attaches to the faucet. Check where it attaches to the cold water cutoff or stop. This could be a small drip. If it is leaking at one or both places try tightening it a little with a wrench.

• Edith

What is "it" in "it drips"?

• Joe

I'd first check the cold water connection between the cutoff valve, and the faucet. This will be behind the sink, and difficult to see and work on. You might want to invest in a "basin wrench" and try to tighten the fitting.

If that's not it, invest in a replacement cartridge kit. Take a picture of your faucet, and get the right kit at a home center. They come with good instructions.

Either task is a reasonable D-I-Y task, even for a relative beginner. It's not likely that you will have to replace the faucet.