What religion am I?

so I was born to Catholic parents, I was baptized Catholic, I went to church all until age 14, then I became Lapsed Catholic (basically I stopped going to church, but still identified as Catholic), then around age 17, I started going to church again, but ever since I turned 18 I been questioning what religion I am, when I go to church, the priest always talks about things like gospel, which things I honestly don't really know about, then I never read the bible in my life, I believe in god, but I don't know who god is, god could be any race, sex, or even species, god could simply be spirit, I do believe that If you're in need of god, god can help you fix it, but with actual medical help as well, I don't know whether there's a afterlife, or we reincarnate, or we simply become nothing, so I think I could be a deist, or a mix of Christian & something else, or just something else, what do you think?

• Chris

I don't know which brand of Christianity you are, but you can google...chat with a Mormon.. and the missionaries will be happy to answer your questions.

What religion am I? Demons grow human skin (from a sample taken during abduction) and put it on so as to look like us. Demons will invite people to be healed inside their UFOs; those who go will be like zombies after. Gov't provides demons with diamonds and allows demons to abduct people. If you're being abducted, slowly pray the Jesus prayer.

Don't panic. Demons use diamonds and souls to power their UFO craft. The bigger the diamond, the more it lasts. Demons have 4 UFO bases: 1)Moon 2)Inside fake mountain Kailash in Tibet 3)In lake Baikal in Russia 4)In Atlantis which is underneath the Mariana Trench in Pacific Ocean. There are no aliens. Nobody lives on other planets.

Airplanes that go down are hit by demons because they need the airspace to fight Jesus. Antichrist is pale with red eyes. He's possessed by Satan since he's 12 years old. He flies very fast; deceived people will say that "Christ is here; Christ is there". Sometimes, he wears blue robe over left shoulder while red robe is underneath. He wears gloves to hide long nails. He's surrounded by demons who appear as angels of light. Antichrist will trick people to believe that he can do mountain moving and resurrection (using holograms); fire from the sky is easy (considering the gases from pollution in the atmosphere).

Don't go into a UFO to be healed by demons. Green 666 is given by isotope rays on wrist or forehead when people stretch hands to receive small plastic grey card with no name on it (World Passport). Police will microchip and isotope ray people on the highways. Microchipped people will be influenced by computers to take grey plastic card; but when they do, 666 is given. Food stores will isotope ray people too. Antichrist will also release prisoners to mark people. Reject 666 at all cost because it leads to permanent hell.

If you're about to be marked, pray the Jesus prayer. Hide with Orthodox Christians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can't track you. Burn documents because they're from Satan. Give to charity in the name of Archangel Michael; he rescues people from temporary hell twice a year (or brings them up a level, that is, to a level with less punishment; eventually, people are freed). Feed the pigeons; when pigeons bow down, people are saved from temporary hell. Forgive me.

Source: Ruski Orthodox Christian Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov

You are Catholic, but, and ignorant one. I.e., you know very little about religion in general, and yours in particular. You are basically like most people. They are nominally what they are, without really knowing much about it.

If you want to learn more, you can. There is LOTS to learn; that's for sure. I studied Theology in school, and have a degree in it, and feel I know little. Someone who has not studied would know even less.

I think you should study, investigate, find out what the CC teaches, read the bible. Don't limit your reading to what the CC teaches.

You don't know enough to have a religion.

Your parents should not have had you baptized if they were going to leave you uneducated in the Catholic faith. You should have been enrolled in a Catholic school or placed in your church's catechism classes. Your folks failed to keep promises they made when you were baptized.

Take an class in RCIA. Your church will have one and it will explain the Catholic faith to you. You can ask questions about things you don't understand.

So you are around 18 year old and ready to start your life according to your understanding. Before 18 it was the responsibility of your parents to teach you good moral values to make you good human being. As you mentioned clearly you never read bible and so also you cant understand it. These priests in churches are not successful saints. Many churches are made by local people so that it will give aid to them in remembering God. Churches and other temples were basically made to read holy books and understand them.

What do you think in church there is special antenna installed to connect with God?

or

You think God has no ability to listen to your prayer outside these man made buildings or temples ?

These churches simply boost your faith, without faith you can not experience existence of God anywhere.

There is a famous quote :

If God is not in your heart, then he is not anywhere.

Probing further, Till know I explained faith is mandatory to walk on spiritual path or for experiencing God in life. But with only faith you cant attain God. God is everywhere no creation can exist without God. On first page of Bible it is clearly written "Life exist in him" Just imagine the size of whole universe all this life existing in God. Only God is truth he is spirit. We are also spirits and came into separate existence from God. Our spirit cannot be destroyed but it can always be with God. The kingdom which is with God we call him God's Kingdom in our language. He is the ocean of spirits. In our world at different levels life exists eg micro living beings and macro living beings. Similarly existence of God's kingdom is everywhere but we cant see it our eyes are made to see only few creations.

In bible it is clearly written pray to only spirit of God. Everything which belongs to Gods kingdom we call it holy. eg Holy Bible, Holy spirit, Holy water etc. We are spirits and we pray to one holy spirit i.e God.

God is everywhere and in everything but we are not allowed to pray to stones or any other creation. God is not human body or any creation. He does not born through mothers womb. But human body is top creation of God and it is temple of God. Jesus attained God and made his living body a temple of God. he mentioned himself only a way to attain God.

here only is used as following

for eg this is only a pen not gun.

Like Jesus there were many other saints who attained God in history in different cultures. Until their body was alive they were the way. Suppose that in a body spirit get connected with and submitted itself to main Holy spirit and it become one with Holy spirit, which is responsible for all life. Until that body is alive, it is the temple of God. After death spirit leaves the body so that way also closes with the death of body. Chosen people means those folks who were accepted as disciples of saints when they were alive. eg if your mother was chosen then that does not mean you are also chosen. Humans can get salvation through only present saint. And you can pray to God anywhere in this universe just don't let your faith be destroyed by any dumb person.

Following are lines which are evidence that Bible is about inner path

Romans 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly (inside); and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

( Expatiation: it says you if you find God only outwardly (eg in temples or jungle or seeking God in his clay model) then you are not true Jewish inner path is the main path of attaining God if you don't walk on inner path then you are not a religious person or Jewish)

According to bible:

You are the temple of living God...

Mat. 6:22, 23: 'The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single (third eye), thy whole body shall be full of light; but if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness (current state). If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!'

Corinthians 6:19

19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Psalm 104:34

Let my meditation be pleasing to Him; As for me, I shall be glad in the LORD.

Psalm 63:6

When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches

( True religious person don't remember God at any special place. In their own home they meditate to God without showing off to anyone in silence)

Genesis 24:63

Isaac went out to meditate in the field toward evening; and he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, camels were coming.

Body is the current home of spirit, when someone say find God in your own "home" that means find him within you, reach to that root of universe which is the reason of all existence.

Judaism