Max
Max asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 3 years ago

Is there a way I can boot Windows (a windows operating system I already have), and then use it directly after the boot?

The reason I ask this is because sometimes a computer's hard drive needs some extra help if it is slow. And they do indeed make 50 gb CDs- I just looked this up.

Surely a CD with this capacity might run faster than a computer's hard drive if the hard drive is slow.

Thank you in advance.

Favorite Answer

No.....

Optical Media is much slower than even hard drives. If you even somehow got Windows installed on DVDs, it would easily takes 10s of minutes to even load up. SSD will make your system run much, much faster than almost any HDD.

• keerok

CD's runs much much much slower than hard disks. If you want faster, replace your hard disk with an SSD and increase RAM.

No. Hard drives and CDs run differently. You cannot do the same thing with a CD that you can with a hard drive. If your hard drive is slow, then something is wrong with it (or with your computer in general). I would suggest that you defragment your hard drive before you do anything else. This will help "speed up" your hard drive.

• Max
      3 years agoReport

My hard drive is not slow; I was just curious. Thank you for the feedback, though.