How hard is it to get work as an airplane tech after A & P class?

Update: Pay is Excellent. Anything $15 or over is Excellent .
Update 2: Pay is Excellent. Anything $15 or over is Excellent .
Update 3: I only ask because a "friend-of-a-friend" said Id need 2 years experience! My teacher said, No. Plus, Im adding Avionics/structural.. I only want to fix engines . I was also told I had to work at a hub, not just "any " airport or G/A airstrip like I want. I only want $15/hr, its all I... show more I only ask because a "friend-of-a-friend" said Id need 2 years experience! My teacher said, No.

Plus, Im adding Avionics/structural.. I only want to fix engines

. I was also told I had to work at a hub, not just "any " airport or G/A airstrip like I want.

I only want $15/hr, its all I need. As I said, $28 K is Fine. Don't need $60 K and that tax bracket.
Update 4: Said I only expect $28 K,.

And Id like to be able to go anywhere, not one region.
Update 5: Said I only expect $28 K,.

Update 6: Said I only expect $28 K,. And Id like to be able to go anywhere, not one region. Im only adding A & S because I can, that is all PCC offers in A & P. I have been an Electronics tech since '78, but work is slack, , so I am taking A & P. . Avionics should be easy But its not what I really ... show more Said I only expect $28 K,.

Im only adding A & S because I can, that is all PCC offers in A & P. I have been an Electronics tech since '78, but work is slack, , so I am taking A & P. . Avionics should be easy But its not what I really want to do, just a feather under my cap. It is only 2 1/2 years versus 18 months for straight A & P, so,. Why Not? Its that or retire