How do I find the right girl for me?

I've always dreamed about finding the right girl for me but the problem is I've never been that successful with girls. I mean I'm 26 and I've only had one girlfriend in my life but the relationship only lasted a few months. And most girls that I meet these days don't seem to be interested in me at all even though I've been told that I'm a nice and handsome guy but it doesn't seem to be enough. People tell me the right girl will come along eventually but sometimes I get tired of waiting or I feel like it'll never happen to me and I'll end up alone and I'll never meet the right girl or get married or anything.

Favorite Answer

Our outlook and attitude are everything, so if you think you're going to be single forever, you probably will. If you have the mindset that you're going to meet someone, it's highly likely you will.

But relationships don't fall from the sky, and some girl isn't just going to show up to let you know she wants one.

You need to put yourself out there. Socialize with friends. Meet new people. Go out! You're 26, and a lot of singles your age go out and do things, right?

There is a website called Meetup.com. It's not a dating site but a website where people in communities get together to share similar interests. It's free to register and check out what sort of groups might be going in your area. I have done hiking groups, a few discussion groups, an art group or two and more. And i've met and connected with a few new people through the groups, too. It's just another way to put yourself out there. Maybe you'll find one or two groups where you feel a good fit and you will continue going. The more friends and acquaintances we make, the larger our social circle -- so the more people we meet. It's definitely worth a try.

You might do some online research about how to talk to women, too. And also how to boost self-confidence. If you are pleasant and self-assured, it's a great thing!

Are you self supporting in your own place? Or at least have a clean, happy environment that you live in and pay for? Gals are interested in how a person LIVES and the choices they make a whole lot more than how handsome they are. By the time a fellow is 26.. gals tend to start thinking of them as grownups and look to see them act that way.