? asked in PetsDogs · 4 years ago

How come my dog won't eat his food until my mom comes home?

So my dog has literally never done anything like this until about a month, and it was a little on and off.

So it's me and my mom who usually takes care of him, but since my mom is always at work all the time,I mostly take care of him.

Anyways, my dog usually expects to be fed around 1:30, 2:00 in the afternoon, occasionally 12 pm. And I understood that he wouldn't eat much from getting tired of the same flavor, so my bought the same brand dog food, but a different flavor.

And he would usually eat his food with either both of us or even just one of us in the house. And after the change, he had done that for about a week or so. But now, he won't eat until my mom comes home no matter how late it is. Sometimes my mom won't get home until 9:00 at night.

In my opinion, it's weird because more than half the time, he listens to me more than my mom. And not always, but most of the time, he sleeps with my mom on her bed.

Also, I'm home a lot and have usually been home a lot where he has eaten his food with only me being home before not wanting and/or needing both of us home at the same time. So anyways, what caused this? And why won't he eat his food until my mom comes home? even though I'm home.

Unless you have a puppy, who will need lunch as one of his 3 meals a day, why feed him at lunchtime in any case. I believe in feeding adults two smaller meals a day, at around 7 am and again before 5 pm. And when it's hot, no way would I feed a dog at mid-day, unless he's a puppy.

Those adjusted times, for him, should mean mum is around to do the feeding?

ps Dogs don't do well messing around with different food - find one that works and stick to it.

He`s used to a routine. Dont feed him yo yj Hoks just yet yumm tum gogo...