Native speakers of English, could you help me with English paragraph?

I am translating a paragraph and since I'm not a native speaker of English I find some phrases difficult to understand. What does the following phrase mean: 'at Great Lakes' (is 'Greate Lakes' synonimous with Lake County'? As I understand, Grate Lakes is a region, so I'm not sure which... show more I am translating a paragraph and since I'm not a native speaker of English I find some phrases difficult to understand. What does the following phrase mean: 'at Great Lakes' (is 'Greate Lakes' synonimous with Lake County'? As I understand, Grate Lakes is a region, so I'm not sure which county the author refers to by the phrase 'at Great Lakes'?) Here is the context:

It is interesting to note that Norman Foster cites just such Produktformen as the antecedents for his work, listing for instance Paxton's Crystal Palace, Charles and Ray Eame's own house built of 'off-the-peg' components at Santa Monica, California (1949), SOM's Marine Gunnery School at Great Lakes, Illinois (1954), and Bill's Lausanne Exhibition Pavilion (1963).