Fear of commitment, or actually relationships in general!?

Ok, i think I finally get it. I think the reason I can't seem to be long enough in a relationship (I end up breaking things off at about 1-2 months of dating) is because I am afraid of getting close to someone and then losing them...It's not a fear of rejection though. It's a fear of "losing"... show more Ok, i think I finally get it. I think the reason I can't seem to be long enough in a relationship (I end up breaking things off at about 1-2 months of dating) is because I am afraid of getting close to someone and then losing them...It's not a fear of rejection though. It's a fear of "losing" or just eventually being apart from your loved ones..I have the same fear even with my friends. The thought that there are no people and never will be in your life that are "forever" is really stressing me and making me feel insecure,,..it is often the reason I become distant in relationships and I even noticed the same behavior in friendships..mainly it is with the opposite sex (my father left us when I was 2, then we moved away from my grandfather who I loved and then the last man in my life, my uncle, also moved away, all this at the age of 2-5-8 years old)

So ok my question is, how do I overcome this??
2 answers 2