One week notice at a new job?

Hi there, I am looking for helpful advice, so please no making dumb comments, rude remarks etc. I got a new job at the beginning of the month. And to be honest, I'm not happy there at all. I suffer from depression and anxiety and I come home from work in tears. I want to find another job, and am looking... show more Hi there, I am looking for helpful advice, so please no making dumb comments, rude remarks etc. I got a new job at the beginning of the month. And to be honest, I'm not happy there at all. I suffer from depression and anxiety and I come home from work in tears. I want to find another job, and am looking currently for a new one. My husband knows my situation and is okay if I cannot take it anymore to put my notice in to quit. I am scheduled to work the next three days and I am dreading it and am getting anxiety pretty bad. I have told myself to give it some time to see if the job gets better, but I don't know how much longer I can hold on. My question is, if I cannot take it anymore, and I feel like my health and mental health is in jeopardy, is it okay to just put a one week notice in?
21 answers 21