Oily buildup on bottom of engine bay.?

I just bought a used 2016 hyundai sonata with 34k. Yesterday my neighbors little dog ran under my car when I looked underneath the car for the dog I noticed a couple drops of oil. After further investigation I discovered that the bottom of the engine bay has a thick build of dirt and oil, I figured the car either... show more I just bought a used 2016 hyundai sonata with 34k. Yesterday my neighbors little dog ran under my car when I looked underneath the car for the dog I noticed a couple drops of oil. After further investigation I discovered that the bottom of the engine bay has a thick build of dirt and oil, I figured the car either has an oil leak or at one time did. I have not noticed any large amounts of oil on my driveway but the Sonatas have a plastic protective shield that covers the undercarriage that was saturated with oily buildup. The thing that stumps me is that the passenger side shock absorber and tire rods were also coated in a thick oily buildup driver s side was fine. Any ideas what it could be
12 answers 12