Life Insurance on My Dad (He might have Cancer)?

Me and my 2 brothers live with my dad and would be adversely affected financially with his passing. The problem is he has diabetes, and he might have cancer (Currently unconfirmed). If he does have cancer he may have less then 6 months. My question is what do you insurance companies do about someone who dies from... show more Me and my 2 brothers live with my dad and would be adversely affected financially with his passing. The problem is he has diabetes, and he might have cancer (Currently unconfirmed). If he does have cancer he may have less then 6 months. My question is what do you insurance companies do about someone who dies from cancer (within the first year)? Will they still pay?

Me and my brothers want to get a simple policy on him to share. What type of policy would be good for us?

What things do I need to look for in the fine print to guarantee coverage?