Best Canadian snacks and candies?

My parents are going on a vacation to Canada in July.

They always ask me what I want them to bring back for me.

I'm looking for a list of what people think are the best Canadian snacks and candies that I should try. Preferably items that will travel well on a plane to Florida, in the United States, but it could be anything that you think is good.

Favorite Answer

Is there some reason you do not trust your Parents to be able to use their eyes and find something not familiar to them that they think you might enjoy.

Most things in the Big Box store have a similar thing in both countries. Suggest they look in the smaller local stores,farmers market for the local made treat.

The chocolate in many bars is just different. Different sweeteners are used.

Maple Cookies.

Cadbury Dairy Milk bar,Caramilk bar,

Purdy's Chocolates hedgehogs

Wunderbar

Coffee Crisp

Mars Bars

Mackintosh Toffee

Turtles

Aero bars FREEZE them before flight. They get very soft.You can eat them Frozen.

Kinder Eggs are banned in the States

Ketchup Potato Chips.

Dill Pickle Chips

Beaver tails.

Nanaimo Bars

Butter Tarts

Cherry Blossom

Hawkins Cheezies

Smarties Eat the red ones last.

• Thank you for the suggestions. My dad hates shopping so I want to give them a list to expedite the shopping process and give them more time to sight see.

• Art

Have them stop into a Laura Secord's shop and pick you up a few chocolates.

Wonderbar (freeze it)

Coffee Crisp.

Miss Vickie's Potato Chips'

• Not sure if they will be in the area but I'll let them know to stop by if they are. Also, we have Miss Vickie's in the US. I didn't know that those chips can also be found in Canada. I had a bag of sea salt chips at a babeque, recently, and they were really good.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but in Canada we have many of the same things you have in the US. The Hershey Corporation has its paws on our candy too. There are a few exceptions. The Crispy Crunch bar, which is a more crunchy and peanutty Butterfingers, is Canadian and not often available in the US. I don't think you have Big Turk bars in the US. It's supposed to be Turkish delight, though it isn't much like the real thing, but it's a chewy jelly-like centre that is flavoured with rosewater. If your parents can find them, Ganong's Fruitfull fruit jellies are one of my very favourites. Nice tangy fruit flavours, great texture. Bulky, though; they come in a box. Plain chocolate is different here. They might want to try a Jersey Milk bar. Aero bars are very good but melt very easily so might not travel well in hot weather. Coffee Crisp is sort of like a Kit Kat but with a coffee filling. Glosette Raisins are another favourite of mine. You can buy them in bulk at Costco in Canada where they are just called chocolate-covered raisins but are just as good as the brand name ones.

Unless they have a lot of room in their luggage, and most people don't, there is no point in them trying to bring back chips or anything like that. They take up a lot of room and they'll end up squashed. Hickory Sticks would be the best of the potato chip kid of thing--shoestring potato chips with a hickory flavour that won't come back as a bag of potato chip crumbs.

• Sharon

Nanaimo Bars, maple syrup, poutine.

Ketchup flavored potato chips! :D

• Thank you for the suggestion. I definitely want to try ketchup chips because I hear a lot of good things about them.