Do I meed a degree to write a book about autism?

I was diagnosed with Autism when I was 6. I'm considering writing a book about ASD and want to include some science (related to neurology, psychology, etc.) to help people have a more firm understanding about what's happening behind autistic people's tendencies, meltdowns, etc. My objective is to help... show more I was diagnosed with Autism when I was 6. I'm considering writing a book about ASD and want to include some science (related to neurology, psychology, etc.) to help people have a more firm understanding about what's happening behind autistic people's tendencies, meltdowns, etc. My objective is to help parents of kids on the spectrum and even older individuals on the spectrum put their psychology and issues they face into perspective to better understand the whys and how. I also want to bring in suggestions on how to help destress and address different problems people with ASD of all ages may face. Even though I have HFA (used to be moderate), do I need a degree to discuss the science and psychology? I like to read about these things and have taken some related courses as well and am going to start working on getting my bachelor's this upcoming fall.
77 answers 77