I have asthma and a pet cat?

A little about my situation. My uncle got the cat from a man who didn't want her, he said he wanted to make sure she went to a good home. She's here with me now. She didn't affect me right away, but after a ltitle while I began sneezing a lot, and coughing, and I felt a tightness in my chest and such. I... show more A little about my situation. My uncle got the cat from a man who didn't want her, he said he wanted to make sure she went to a good home. She's here with me now. She didn't affect me right away, but after a ltitle while I began sneezing a lot, and coughing, and I felt a tightness in my chest and such. I want giving her away to be the last option. My family isn't exactly supportive, so getting allergy shots isn't a solution. I live in the middle east and I need my dad's permission for things, so I cannot get allergy shots because he won't allow it. I'm not allergic. She's just triggering my asthma. I've had a pet bunny before and he only started to affect me after he grew and started shedding lots of fur, which is why I'm assuming it's the fur that's getting everywhere that's bothering me. What can I do to make the symptoms get better? I've fallen in love with her. I want giving her away to be the last option. She has to stay in my room, she can't go anywhere else because my mom will kick her out on the street. Is there any certain medicine that I can ask my uncle to get for me? Anything I can do? I've only had her for two days. Please keep in mind that my family isn't supportive and even though I'm 18, I'm a woman and I can't do much here without a man and my dad isn't supportive either. Please help.
1 answer 1