Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 4 years ago

Candida die-off or candida getting worse?

I don't need people saying "candida is a myth", I'd just really appreciate it if someone could tell me how I can tell if my candida overgrowth is getting worse or better. Many many places say that candida seems as if it gets worse before it gets better due to the die-off symptoms... I just want to know if there's a way to tell which one it is. Die off symptoms, or candida getting worse? I'm taking lots of probiotics and just overall things that kill candida, but I'm still eating normal healthy foods such as fruits, gluten free grains, veggies, proteins. My acne all of a sudden has gotten terrible and my knees started hurting and I am fatigued. OVERALL- is there a way to tell if my symptoms are because of candida getting worse, or dying off? THANK YOU:)!!!

Favorite Answer

I dont think candida is a myth. I think things like ibs & fibromyalgia are.

No way of telling if its die off etc. Please dont attempt to treat candida alone. You need a functional medicine practitioner who can test you so you know for sure. Candida is hard to treat even for a qualified fmp. Each person can react differently to supplements etc & diets. Some take longer to get rid of it than others. Some cant eat fruit while recovering, some can.

You need a fmp.

Have you had vitamin deficiency tests ? Food intolerance test ? Leaky gut ? Celiac test ? Etc

What symptoms do you have ?

The candida might not be changing at all. Your symptoms could certainly be from other causes BUT, if you are still eating food the fuel candida, you can bet it isn't from die-off. To kill candida yo have to remove ALL sources of fuel -- that means any gluten, any sugar 9even from fruit) and any fermented or fungal foods just as a start. Take pro-biotics isn't remotely enough to address a candida overgrowth. If you are serious about this, you need to read the books and work with a practitioner who can direct your diet and prescribe appropriate aids -- including anti-fungal medication.