Should I become an actor or a writer?

I want to become either an actor or a writer. Like I was writing even at an early age but I never tried to get anything published. I took a break from writing and decided to give acting a chance because I attended a drama school and was told that I'm a good actor. But I found acting to be quite tough so I'm... show more I want to become either an actor or a writer. Like I was writing even at an early age but I never tried to get anything published. I took a break from writing and decided to give acting a chance because I attended a drama school and was told that I'm a good actor. But I found acting to be quite tough so I'm now back doing the writing and I'm currently writing a children's fantasy book. I know acting and writing are both competitive fields but if you ask me, I think acting is much more competitive because you're in competition with literally hundreds (or even thousands) of people who want to be discovered. I know this because when I was trying to become an actor, I got rejected at pretty much every audition that I went to. And I think I'm better-off doing writing even though I know it's very hard to get a book published but most people that I've showed my book to, seem to enjoy it. So I guess that's a good sign.
8 answers 8