What s a suitable age to travel America alone?

So, I m currently 17, and I m planning on taking a 1 month trip around America, hopefully sometime in the next year. Baring in mind, if it was next year, I would be 18, so therefore considered as an adult. Also another sidenote, I d be travelling from the UK, so quite a far distance away from home. Overall, it... show more So, I m currently 17, and I m planning on taking a 1 month trip around America, hopefully sometime in the next year. Baring in mind, if it was next year, I would be 18, so therefore considered as an adult. Also another sidenote, I d be travelling from the UK, so quite a far distance away from home. Overall, it would be the furthest I ve gone from home, as I ve never gone outside of Europe. The times I have been abroad is with my parents and siblings, but I just have the urge to want to travel and somewhat do it independently. But I m not sure if I m scared of the concept of being so far from home, and being alone. Baring in mind, I m taking a gap year, so I m not going to university next year, so I would really like to travel somewhere.
7 answers 7