I want to watch all the X-Files episodes/movies in order. After which season is the "I Want to Believe" movie supposed to be watched?

The one that came out in 2008.

Favorite Answer

Watch The X-Files, seasons 1 – 5.

The first X-Files movie, simply titled X-Files, but now often referred to as X-Files: Fight the Future, takes place in-between seasons 5 and 6.

Watch season 6.

Start Season 7. Season 7 features an episode titled “Millennium”. It is episode 4 of the season. The episode is intended to serve as a conclusion to the series Millennium. You do not need to watch the series Millennium to watch episode 4, but if you want to watch Millennium, watch it between episodes 3 and 4 of X-Files season 7. Complete Season 7.

Watch Season 8.

Start Season 9. Episode 15 of season 9 is called “Jump the Shark”. This episode serves as an end to the story of The Lone Gunmen. If you want to watch the one season of the spin-off The Lone Gunmen, watch it before episode 15. Then complete Season 9.

Watch the second film, titled X-Files: I Want to Believe. The ending of this film pretty much leaves the characters in the state we find them in the new miniseries.

Watch the new X-Files (2016) 6 episode miniseries.