JWs were told not to go online because the attrition rate among them due to knowledge was high. Is something similar happening among Muslims?

What say ye?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Jesus said, "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:32). There is a commonality between Muslims, JW's, and Mormons, even Catholics:

In the case of Muslims and JW's, they flat out deny Jesus' Deity. In the case of Mormons, everyone will become a God, so that Jesus being God is no more remarkable than the occasional thief. Catholics, while they might be surprised to be included in this, denigrate Jesus in a back-handed way by raising Mary to be His equal. They refer to Mary as the "co-mediator" and "co-redeemer". They declare that she was sinless. Then they top that cake off with Mary is the "mother of God", the veritable "queen of Heaven". JW's believe that Jesus is the archangel Michael, using a twisted interpretation of a passage of scripture in Daniel to justify that illogical position. Jesus IS the Creator of EVERYTHING - including the angels. Consequently, JW's are saying that Jesus created Himself. Mormons and Muslims both base their beliefs upon "scripture" that was delivered to their founders (Joseph Smith and Muhammad) by an alleged angel. The "revelations" directly contradict the Bible, thereby raising the obvious charge that they are demon delivered (Gal 1:8, 2 Cor 11:14, Rev 22:18-19).

Do you not see the pattern here? These so-called religions all have the same message - to denigrate the God of heaven, Jesus, into something less than He is. That is a message that is coming from Satan. It is always the same cake, but with different icing.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

I DOUBT IT...

• 3 years ago

Knowledge is power. I believe that until recently JWs were not to go online at all, for the same reasons that they were not to go to movies, read books or other materials not approved by the Watchtower Society, were not to socialize with non-JWs, not to vote or pursue educational or professional opportunities without approval from JW brass.

The reason is obvious. People who are exposed to the world outside their own narrow community can begin to question what they've been told all their lives. Control the flow of information, and you control the population, an historically very effective technique.

For the Internet and computers, my guess is that so many JWs were already using them in secret, the Governing Body thought setting up its own website would at least help stem the decline in membership they were--and still are--seeing.

Something similar may well be happening among Muslims. I sure hope so 😊

• ...Show all comments
    • Terry
      Lv 5
      3 years agoReport

Bible parrot...get it right as what I quoted to you was 100% from the Bible, you may get one form your library if you don't have one .........

• 3 years ago

Yes it could happen

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

I guess so

• 3 years ago

JWs were never told not to go online. We were told to be cautious about websites that specialize in derogatory falsehoods, (Y!A penalizes the S-word), about various groups of people, such as the doctrine evangelized about JWs, that we were told not to go online.

Just because you put enough faith in derogatory falsehoods, evangelized by the Anti-JW sect of Intolerant Prejudice, (Y!A penalizes the B-word), to use it as the premise of this question, doesn't mean that either JWs or Muslims will ever conform to falsehoods evangelized about them.

Source(s): I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and have been online since 1997.
  • Terry
    Lv 5
    3 years ago

Were they ....show us YOUR proof.......how can we view the most translated website on earth JW.ORG if we are not to go online ?

And in connection with some of the blatant lies that one or two on this thread have posted here are some verses from the Bible for you.

Proverbs 14:5....An honest witness does not deceive, but a false witness pours out lies

Proverbs 17:7....Eloquent lips are unsuited to a godless fool— how much worse lying lips to a ruler!

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

No one with an I.Q. above 30 ever says "What say ye?"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.