Is this a quality $1000 dollar pc build?

So i have a budget of $1000 to $1150 to build a pc (Im located in the US). Im completly new to building pcs so i took the time to take apart an old one to see how things are put together. Im building a pc because i hear that you will pay more for a prebuilt pc when you can just take the time to build one yourself.

Im building this pc for games such as battlfield 1 and csgo. im also thinking of getting the htc vive for vr in the future. Please let me if im doing anything wrong or if im missing any parts and give me tips before i order all these parts. So far the total is $949.69

Heres the list of parts i came up with 

Dont have a graphics card yet i need suggestions for what kind i should get.

Also seems like i need an ssd but dont know much about this at all.

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1, 80+ GOLD 650W, Fully Modular power supply

Seagate 1TB BarraCuda SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch internal hard drive

Kingston Technology HyperX FURY 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL15 DIMM 8GB DDR4 2400 MT/s 

MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Intel Z270 DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 ATX Motherboard (Z270 GAMING M3)

Intel Core i5-7500 LGA 1151 7th Gen Core Desktop Processor

Thermaltake Pacific DIY RL240 Water Cooling Kit with CPU Water Block Cooling (Chose to go water cooling cause it looks cool although expensive af)

Phanteks PH-EC416PSTG_BR Eclipse P400S Silent Edition with Tempered Glass

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Something like this would be a much better option. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sQWZ3F

You can spend a little more on the case and power supply if you wish (it's not really necessary. Both are fine to last multiple builds with ease).

Buying a cpu cooler, especially water is completely pointless without a cpu that can overclock to really utilize that cooling. The ryzen cpus can hit close to 4.0ghz (in between 3.8-4.2ghz is the range).

If you are dead set on water cooling, maybe try something like the swiftech AIO coolers. Swiftech make parts for custom loops, and they package everything into an AIO form. So it's a full custom loop; Each part is upgradable and replaceable, and you can add more to the loop if you want,

Personally, I have a swiftech H320x2 and it works really well (those seem to be out of stock for a while now, but you can still get the 240mm ones. Most negative reviews on it seem based on shipping related issues)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/...

You can download windows 10 for free here. Download the tool with a usb flash drive to make bootable windows install drive. When it asks for product key, click i dont have a key, and continue unregistered. Its 99% the same as the registered version. Personalize menu is grayed out, meaning you can't change taskbar color (can change background by right clicking an image and set as background still). Which imo, taskbar color isnt worth $80-100 license fee.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

World of Warcraft

• 4 years ago

You can save some money,

but who will help you when you have a problem?

One good thing about buying a ready-made PC:

When something doesn't work, you can call the manufacturer's

customer service department for assistance.

If you build your own, you had better be able to diagnose its problems yourself

because Only You know what's in it and how you connected it.

Just so you'll know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.