Music app crashing on ipod after only playing one certain song?

Every time I play one song on my ipod the whole music app keeps crashing and won't stay open for more than a few seconds unless I start playing another song and then everything seems to work fine again.

I did not have this problem when I first synced that song a few years ago.

I don't have a problem with any other song; do you think that one song could have damaged my ipod or if I delete it do you think my ipod will be safe to use and work properly?

Can one song damage and ipods hardware even after it is deleted?

Why would this one song be causing this just now after years of having it?

Favorite Answer

No this will not damage the hardware of your device.

certain files (in this case music files) can be on a device for many years without any problems however some files become corrupted, and if this file is corrupted there is the possibility this is causing the crashes. (being only one song id say its the music file), so what you can try is removing the song and then add the song back and see if that will help. if not there is probably a software issue with that device.

Hope this helps