Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 3 years ago

Question for feminazi types; My English teacher who is super-liberal-in-every-way seems to hate the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Why?

We were meant to use our own opinions as the basis. My list had some typical contenders. I even listed Pride and Prejudice, a book I neither like nor respect just to make her happy. One of books on my list was the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and that seemed to set her off like you wouldn't believe. I'm not even sure what half the red scribbles mean. I also listed Alice in Wonderland, which she apparently also detests, but at least I can make a guess as to why, the Hitchhiker's Guide is really a surprise to me. Maybe someone that is better versed in liberal crazy can tell me what is wrong?

We were not asked to defend our choices. I'm pretty sure it is just a way for the beyotch to see who she needs to hate.

I am unwilling to drop the feminazi brand. Because it is important to realize that she is not simply one idiot, but one of a huge group of bad people who are acting together to make bad things happen. So NO. I will NOT consider her as an independent, but as one of a group. The same as one of a group of people organizing marches that do NOT represent the majority of women, but calling them women's marches anyhow.

Someone listed One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest as a worthy book. She hated that like you don't even know.Worse then my stuff. Maybe she did in fact sympathize with Nurse Ratchett. Oi! In case people are wondering, I'm a girl.

Best Answer

If you've correctly characterized your "Nurse Ratched" (yet another book which might be offensive--"One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"), she seems to have absorbed the Kool-Aid of the left (i.e., invincible ignorance and doctrinaire rejection of the genuine liberal "free market of ideas").

Be sure to open the door for her :-) More seriously, forgive her when possible, and certainly don't be fooled. You might also enjoy quoting from the article described hereat: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/447822/concep...

You might read Jonah Goldberg's "Liberal Fascism," for that is what one-sided, biased indoctrination is, and the book is an easy read. You might appreciate http://www.rwm.org/rwm and Prof. Matthew Crawford's "Shop Class as Soulcraft," Shaunti Feldhahn's "For Couples Only" (how functional and good male-female relationship really works), C S. Lewis' "The Great Divorce" and "That Hideous Strength," Richard Paul Evans' "Michael Vey" series, Brad Thor's "Code of Conduct," "Unbroken (The Young Adult Adaptation)," "Worthless: The Young Person's Indispensable Guide to Choosing the Right Major," Paul Johnson's "Intellectuals" and also "A History of the American People" and "Modern Times," John Tamny's "Popular Economics," "Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age," and "God at the Speed of Light." You'll be able to educate yourself well if you make a clear effort. The books listed are helpful toward that goal. Presently, as Goldberg's book points out, there is presently an intolerance toward genuine "free market of ideas" on the part of doctrinaire leftists/libertines.

• Athena

Remind your teacher that this is an academic class and not her personal therapy session. However, b sure you can DEFEND your opinion as to why Hitchhikers is possible one of the greatest books of the 20th Century.

(and drop the "feminazi" brand. It does nothing to support your case. She is an idiot, nothing more)

• Tina

'Feminazi' is a very silly word, but as you are at school you undoubtedly have time to grow out of using it. You could also gain enough sense not to include books you neither 'like nor respect' in a list which, I assume, was meant to include books you do admire.

Why not ask your teacher to explain why she rejects 'Hitchhikers' Guide' if you really can't read her writing? As you haven't told us what the list was for it's anybody's guess, but perhaps she feels it's too light-weight.

You will probably get on better at school if you don't dismiss teachers with silly terms like 'liberal-crazy' or 'feminazi' and concentrate on your work. Misogyny is never attractive and may harm your social life too.

• Tina
      3 years agoReport

You are not in Nazi Germany, and you are not dealing with a Fascist state, don't be silly. And don't demean the appalling sufferings of the people who were. And if you are a girl, bear in mind that feminists got you the vote, access to higher education and more equality at work. Have some respect.

The women in the novel are airheads, but so are the other characters. She's hypercritical if she thinks the novel is sexist.

I guess you're just flat-out stupid. Now go back to your trailer park and mix up some more third-rate meth.

The Hitchiker's guide portrays a woman, Trillian as a capable and strong woman. It does not however portray all men as bumbling baffoons or rapists as feminists prefer men to be portrayed as.

The "hero" is male. Ergo it is an evil, patriarchal book!

You sound confused.