Relocating from Arizona to Florida what is the gun law?

My family and I are relocating to Florida from Arizona. I would like to ask some questions about:

Traveling with a handgun from Arizona to Florida.

I will be driving from Flagstaff to Texas for 2-3 days, which has similar gun law, in which I don't have any concern driving with a handgun in my car. My concern is how about driving from Texas to Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia then Florida?

Should I travel with a handgun for our protection, or should I just ship it together with our stuff to Florida?

Thank you for future answers.

Favorite Answer

For the purpose of transporting, e-mail the State Police in EVERY state you will pass through. Include every state bordering on those you intend to pass through to allow for unexpected detours. Ask them the law for transporting a firearm through their state. PRINT the answers and keep them in the vehicle at all times.

In other words, don't believe the answers you get from ANYONE except those that would be arresting you for breaking the law.

There are rules for traveling with guns - usually unloaded and boxed away from everyone ( in the trunk).

Ship it. Easier.

In florida, you are required to carry your gun at all times. It is unlawful to be in possession of an unloaded gun while drinking. So be sure to keep it loaded. When driving, it should be stored conveniently with your registration and insurance card so that the cop can examine it if they wish.

You must obey the laws in each state you pass through.