Should I take networking path as my future career or not?

Hello, I am 23 years old and currently a senior in Construction Engineering, but I also have a big passion for IT. I know Construction engineering and IT are very different from each other. But, back when I started studying Construction Engineering, it was a very good choice in my home town, and if I had the... show more Hello,
I am 23 years old and currently a senior in Construction Engineering, but I also have a big passion for IT. I know Construction engineering and IT are very different from each other. But, back when I started studying Construction Engineering, it was a very good choice in my home town, and if I had the degree, I would've gotten a job in less than a week. But, now my country is facing some serious economical issues, and most of my engineering graduate friends are now working as accountants or other fields that have nothing to do with Engineering. Also, almost all the good professors have left our university, and we are left with professors that teach us very little. All these have killed my passion towards Construction Engineering.
Now, if I started getting CISCO certifications in networking, do you think it would be worth all the hard work it requires? Do you think I will be able to find a job easily with those certificates? Specially out of my country.
I would really appreciate any advice. Thank you...