Why do everyone I know try to ruin things for me?

So, evertime I tell somebody something that I want to do, they find a way to ruin it. Like this morning I was telling my Grandma that I could go to Japan for 3 months and learn Japanese for under £1500, and instead of saying something like, 'that will be good' or 'that's great news' she says... show more So, evertime I tell somebody something that I want to do, they find a way to ruin it.
Like this morning I was telling my Grandma that I could go to Japan for 3 months and learn Japanese for under £1500, and instead of saying something like, 'that will be good' or 'that's great news' she says 'you still will have to pay for the flights and you'll have to save double that amount' she just found a way to knock me out of the sky, I'm like, why can't you just be happy for me? Instead of finding a way to ruin it for me.
It's not just her either, I sell my artwork on Etsy, when I got my first sale my Dad was just like, 'get a real job'
And again when I started my comic (which I plan to sell) he says 'why are you wasting your time with that, get a real job'

Art is what I want to do, yeah, maybe I'll never be famous or even make that much money, but I don't care, I can look for a job and still draw.
They just NEVER seem happy for me when I accomplish something, it's like whatever I do will never be as good as what my brother does.
I live in his shadow. But I'm not the one who failed the course I'm on, I've passed all of the courses I've done, and yet they STILL treat me like what I do doesn't matter! And they wonder why I spend all of my time alone. I can't be around them when all they do is make me feel rubbish.
I'm just so sick of it!
Update: I just want them to support what I want and not what they want me to do and be