Grandfather clock chimes even when the weights are completely down.?

It's getting to be kind of creepy. A Colonial Manufacturing Co clock is sitting in my living room, and it isn't wound up very often. To wind it up you have to pull a central weight all the way to the top and then swing the pendulum. Well often it sits for months eithout being wound, so there is no way there... show more It's getting to be kind of creepy. A Colonial Manufacturing Co clock is sitting in my living room, and it isn't wound up very often. To wind it up you have to pull a central weight all the way to the top and then swing the pendulum. Well often it sits for months eithout being wound, so there is no way there is any tension left, but the chime that is supposed to mark the hour still goes off every now and then. Is there some mechanism that holds tension in the clock? Or something else I'm missing? Thanks.